1. Rentlord is a free-of-charge tool to start a tenancy in the UK according to government regulations.
Why Use Rentlord to Start your Tenancy?
2. Adhering to government regulations is important because it decides how easily you'll be able to regain your property if something goes wrong and you need to evict your tenant.
3. Rentlord takes care of all these things for you, and is also fast and easy-to-use for your tenants, meaning you can close deals faster using the Rentlord platform.
1. The EPC and Gas Safety Certificate need to be presented at the start of the tenancy.
What are the UK regulations?
2. Tenancy deposit needs to be registered with one of the authorized schemes.
3. On receipt of the tenancy deposit, you must serve the prescribed information.
4. The correct version of the Right to Rent document must be served.
in addition, we recommend some best practices (which Rentlord automatically takes care of for you):
5. The wording of the tenancy agreement should be drafted by a professional, and up to date with the latest regulation
6. For your convenience, we directly register with the TDS on your behalf (as a member of TDS)
1. Collect and Protect is the plan where Rentlord is responsible for collecting monthly rent payments on your behalf, keeping track of unpaid rent, notifying all parties: and protecting you with legal advice when things go wrong. We automatically update your Whiteboard and Payments data, and vouch for you as an independent witness to the tenancy (see point 4)
What is the Collect and Protect plan?
For more information about this plan and what we do, click here
2. Legal notices: we issue lawyer-drafted notices to your late-paying tenants
3. Legal support: we work with you personally to solve problems at the tenancy
4. Section 8 notice preparation and drafting: we prepare the Section 8 notice (eviction notice) as well as brief you on the legal path and options that will lie ahead of you. The notice will be prepared from the Whiteboard and Payments data that we've been logging for you automatically since the start of the tenancy. We'll also teach you how to serve the Section 8.
5. Preparation for Court Action / Legal Action: we'll prepare all your documentation and instruct your solicitor, or recommend our partner solicitor if you haven't one, to begin the path of actual Legal Action. We'll brief you on what all this entails, and will oversee the entire case until you obtain judgment to regain your property. We'll be in touch with you and your solicitor at all times, until your property is regain and your old tenants evicted.
6. We'll help manage the re-advertising of your property (paid for separately) and getting you back to business on this property.